Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Do I need ACT/SAT scores to get into BYU nursing school as a transfer student?

I transferred to BYU last semester from a community college. I transferred with 43 credits and a GPA of 3.9. I now have a 3.78 GPA after winter semester (I earned a 3.5 this last semester, which obviously lowered my cumulative GPA a bit.) When I applied to BYU, I was told that I did not need to submit my ACT/SAT scores because I'd earned enough college credit that those test scores were not an important indicator of my current academic performance. I recently decided that I'd like to apply to the nursing school, however there is one HUGE problem. It appears as though they want my ACT/SAT scores. I took the ACT when I was 16-years-old and scored a 23. I hated high school, never studied or wanted to work hard, so needless to say, I didn't. I am now 21-years-old and I am a VERY dedicated student and am deeply saddened by the fact that a test I took five years ago will most likely ruin any chance I have to get accepted into the program of my dreams! Is there anyway that this part of my application could be overridden? I would do anything to get accepted into this program. I have made an appointment with a counselor to discuss my concerns but I was wondering if anyone had any insights? I would greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment