Friday, August 12, 2011

Types of paying jobs that Women can have in a Church?

I was wondering if anyone could give me any information or advice about a specific topic? I am a military spouse and we travel a lot. Because of this, I have been looking online for degrees that can be done online at home. There are a couple of things that I came across that really interest me. I'm just a little unsure about them and was hoping that people would have some information. I am a woman and saw a few different degrees that interest me. One is a Bachelor in Leadership/Ministry for the Church. The other is basically a Bachelor in Christian Counseling. I am unsure if a Bachelor in Christian Counseling would actually allow you to become a Counselor at a Church or if you will need to further the degree to at least a Masters.I am also unsure if a Bachelor in Leadership/Ministy would be something that I could do as a woman. A lot of Churches have men in Leadership roles. I also hate the fact that this is necessary but my husband and I really need a second income and right now my husband is the only one working. He's allowing me to get a degree while he works. I love Church, I love God, I love helping others and allowing God to be the focus. I think that I would love either of these choices because of the above reasons but also because they are paying jobs. Does anyone have any advice or information that could answer some of these questions and clarify some of the things that I am unsure of? Also, what other paying jobs can women have within a Church, other than Child Care? I would really like a Bachelor Degree that would allow me to work at a Church but I'm a little lost on what I can do or be. I hate that a paycheck is something that I have to think about when involving God and the Church, but its just necessary for me to help support my husband and myself, plus one day, kids. This is something that I really want to do but I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for or what I can do, especially as a woman. I am of a non-denominational faith. I realize that there are many women who work within Church, I just don't know what jobs I could have. I just know that I want the degree to come along with it. Any ideas, information, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment