Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Herpes or Hepatitis infection?

i had protected sex wit a girl i didn't really know about 8 weeks ago with a spermicidal condom. i was worried about herpes but my doctor said he did not think it was herpes because i had no symptoms but a slight burning in urination and a tingle inside my penis. he tested me for chlamydia and gonorrhea which were both negative. however he said my urine had a lot of protein in it and he tested my urine. my AST and ALT were off the chart my AST was 436 and my ALT was 206. they did an ultrasound on my kidneys and bladder and everything looked fine. he referred me to a nefralogist and he said i had an infection that passed through my urinary tract system which caused the pain and that my levels were back to normal though there urine test did not detect all that labcorps did the first time. this was all about 6 weeks ago. however last week i got a IGM/IGG test for herpes and the igm was postive and the igg was negative and he diagnosed me with herpes saying it was a recent infection which i was devastated by because i used a condom and it was only one encounter. i have no sores are any symptoms besides maybe a slight itch down there and this slightly red skin on my outside thigh which i don't know if its always been there or not because i take hot showers and scratch my legs a lot but you can barely see it. that was last week Friday( week7) this morning i threw up bile feeling very nauseous and my urine is a really dark yellow. i have no appetite at all though im hungry and i have slight abdominal pain on the left side of my stomach. my question is that my symptoms don't sound like herpes at all but hepatitis. i don't have jaundice though. so can IGM pick up a hepatitis infection too? or just a herpes infection. are the igm antibodies specific to each viral disease or the same based on symptoms? should i just assume i have herpes even through the symptoms don't match up? i haven't been tested for any of the hepatitis viruses yet but im going back to the doctors tomorrow to ask him if it could be a misdiagnosis or if i really do have herpes.

No comments:

Post a Comment