Thursday, August 11, 2011

Do you think my cat is better off dead?

Firstly,"THANK YOU" to all who have helped me so far!" When we took my cat to the Vet Hospital,it was discovered she had severe problems with her liver,pancreas,thyroid,kidneys at about 1/4 %, anemia,temperature was only 7 degrees,(normal is over 38.5 degrees) difficulty breatbing at all, & jaundice. There were other problems too,but these were the Big ones. The doctors did all that they could do for her in her condition, but she still did not show signs of recovery at all. Finally today,when we were paying her a visit,her breathing got even worse & I had to get her doctor. After examination & talking with my wife & I, the doctor suggested that it would be best For Her to "put her to sleep". (Execution I call it.) .... It was a heartbreaking time. I could not give the OK to do this,& my wife would not unless I agreed to it also. ... The best I could do was, to throw the decision back onto the doctor, & to say whatever is to be done is to be "a medical decision." ... I wanted to bring her home to die here, but the doctor said she would most likely not survive the trip & be put under added pain & stress. .... So, it took place in the back gardens of the vet hospital. I had her in my arms on my lap,while my wife gently stroked her & we both spoke softly to her. While we were doing this, her doctor injected her with that fatal dose of whatever it is.My little girl opened her eyes for a moment & looked straight at my wife,then she closed them. Less than a minute later, her doctor pronounced her to be dead. ... It was all over except for the paying of the bill,funeral (yet to happen) & the bawling of My eyes out. (yeah me crying. a man in my mid 50's, crying over the death of a little cat!) .... Well,that is what has happened. There is no turning back (unfortunately!) ... So,,,, My QUESTION to you now is::: "Do you think that my cat is better off dead?" ... (I know that I will be impossible to live with or to be around now, for a long time to come.)

No comments:

Post a Comment